Donnerstag, November 09, 2006

Mühsam ernährt sich das Eichhörnchen

The blogs titel means that it takes just more time then intended to make this blog comfortable for me, but nevertheless progress takes place.
  • following Mark's comments meanwhile I succceded in creating a project at http://code.google.com
  • after some initial problems with TortoiseSVN 1.4.0 which didn't show up when I tried it again (mystery) the nice littel iconsextensions show up in the explorer
  • home page of the Project is still empty, but browsing the files, momentary there is only one works.
  • I don't give a link right know, as I'm sure you can find it anyway
  • If you find it please notice that the single sql-statements are committed automaticly and there is no way to rollback. I really have the impression, that some things, for example changing the connection is far to easy and intensiv use of the command history might lead to confoundings between sandbox and the real work.
  • The current practical use is copying complete CLOB fields to the spool file.
If you Stumbled in here looking for some solutions, better come back in some weaks. Well I know you too needed it yesterday.

For the moment I'm just begining and any help to make this blog more usable is welcome. Perhaps the use of some spellchecker's.

As I try to focus this blog to the rather special topic of IronPython in connection with either one of the two Databases ORACLE or SQL-Server, I'll post most of the database related articals in english, which just wasn't any sort of fun for me at school.

Trials to write in german an use the google language tools for the translation are unsatisfactorily. [ Sag ich doch gerade. Mal sehen was www.logosdictionary.org sagt ] Ahh unsatisfactory sounds better.

So please drop decent note, when "I' m comletely on the woodway with my english", i.e. if I could be completely misunderstood.


Bye bye for the moment, I just have to look at some other blogs

1 Kommentar:

hexdump42 hat gesagt…

Your english may not be perfect, but anyone with an interest in the topic will be able to work out what you are saying.